To Do this, users must have at least an E2 license!
- Log into your O365 as Admin using Internet Explorer (Chrome has issues with this)
- Click on "Exchange", then "Compliance Management"
- Click on "in-place eDiscovery & hold"
- Click the + sign for a new search
- Type a unique name for the search (and description if you'd like)
- Select "Specify mailboxes to search" and click the + sign
- Add whichever mailbox you wish to export
- Please note the following: In-Place Hold is a premium feature that requires an Exchange Online Plan 2 or Exchange Online Archiving license to enable it for each user mailbox.
- Click "Next"
- Determine your filters (if any) and click "Next"
- Determine your in-place hold settings (if any) and click "Finish"
- Once it has completed, click "Close"
- Click on the "Export to a PST file" icon (arrow pointing downward with a line below it)
- This will download the eDiscovery PST Export Tool and offer to select a location to download the PST to (much in the same way ExMerge used to work)
(if the above Export tools did not show up, check: