April 14, 2015 update for Lync 2013 (Skype for Business) (KB2889923)
Microsoft has released an update for Microsoft Lync 2013 that also includes the new Skype for Business client. The version number of this update is 15.0.4711.1002.
In addition to the release of the new client, this update resolves a list of issues. Also, check out the known issues that may occur after you install this update, and the updates that you must install together with update 2889923.
Get update 2889923 for Lync 2013 (Skype for Business)The update is available for download from the Microsoft Download Center.
Download the 32-bit lyncmso update package now.
Download the 64-bit lyncmso update package now.
- The download page will still display this update as being for Lync 2013.
- After you apply this April 14, 2015 update, Lync 2013 will be upgraded to Skype for Business. Get the general information about the new experience in Skype for Business.
- You can still use the Lync client user interface after you apply this update for Lync 2013 (Skype for Business). Get the general information about how to switch between the Skype for Business and the Lync client user interfaces for Office 365 users and Lync Server 2013 users.
How to install the update
Required updatesFor the best experience, install this update and the following updates on the same device.
119591 How to obtain Microsoft support files from online servicesMicrosoft scanned this file for viruses. Microsoft used the most current virus-detection software that was available on the date that the file was posted. The file is stored on security-enhanced servers that help prevent any unauthorized changes to the file.
Restart informationYou do not have to restart the computer after you apply this update.
Issues that the update fixesThis update resolves the following issues:
- KB 3052676 Lync 2013 crashes when you add a video to an existing audio call that is to Polycom RMX 2000 (v8.4)
- KB 3052678 The setting for the "team call" feature is deleted after you sign in to Lync 2013
- KB 3052679 Menu bar disappears in Lync 2013 and Skype for Business even you set the "AlwaysShowMenu" registry value setting to "1"